Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A QUICK 1 mo. OVERVIEW

Went to Chi-town with my GRRRRLs at the beginning of June. Between airplane delays and checking into the wrong hotel we managed to have (in my mind) some of the best 48 hours of our lives.
Before the fine, FINE dining (see below) we went to the original Marshall Fields (now Macy's - sacrelig!) and got FAB-ulous make-overs.



The highlight of the trip (and truly a keystone in my life) was this. Words cannot explain - either you get it, or you don't.
We get it.

A few days later, I turned 25. My sweet Quackie got me the mostly beautiful chef's knife. Folklore says that for a person to give their lover a knife means they want to cut things off. My guess is that Quack just wants me to keep cooking for him.
Just in case, he got me a helmet (pink to match my bike!) I wonder what the lover-to-lover symbolism in that is?

A few days after that I took off for my grandparent's 50th wedding celebration in the Rocky Tops.
The whole fam-damily got together in Colorado in a cabin that slept 14 (I think there were 19 of us) making for close quarters, but luckily we were in Rocky Mnt. Ntl. Park where there is about 10 sq. miles of land for every one who visits.
We paddle-boated and swam and sunned and golfed and did some shopping and horse back ridding and ate and drank and laughed until we all tumbled back down the mountain and back into reality.
My Mom's side of the family is also in CO and my granny threw a mini-reunion bash at her place.
Before I headed off to the airport, my G-mas gave me a zippy of chocolate chip/coffee cookies... YUM!
When I arrived to DIA, I didn't have any singles to tip the luggage carriers, so I gave them cookies and they were so, SO happy. Dollars be damned!

Oh yeah. On the way home a guy had a heart-attack and died on the plane. I wasn't anywhere near him, but the whole thing was very disturbing. (Nuff' said.)

Now I am back in PA doing the newspaper-tango, pencil in teeth like a rose.

4 comments:

Jenny Pham said...

I HEART EXPLODING FOOD!
No really, you're right... it was one of the greatest 48 hours of my life too. I can't wait for 30! Shit, yes I can.

Anonymous said...

hey lady. Its so nice to hear from you again. You got rid of the subaru?! (I recently discovered that if you spell it backward it says "U R A Bus") Is that a fat joke? Anyway. Miss you in duluth. speak soon.

Flee said...

My God! U R A Bus!!! Looks like I got rid of it just in time :-)

Putz said...

Yo Flee, Just thought I would finally post a comment instead of just read them... when are you going to talk about the move abck to MN? How is the new JOB? Do you feel more or less like an adult now? I find I think about this a lot lately, " What would a REAL adult do...? I am pretty relieved to say I don't think there is sucha thing as a real adult. Ha.