Saturday, February 24, 2007

Where you been Roonie?


I am not a daily blogger. I'm not even a weekly blogger. I am a purpose driven blogger, and for the last three weeks, the only purpose in my life has been an extremely ambitious project chronicling homelessness in the community I write for.
It has turned out to be a much bigger project than I anticipated, though I should've known the topic would not, could not, be wrapped up all tidy like in a couple of stories.
It has consumed me. I stopped eating right, grooming right, looking right, acting right. I spent more time in the homeless shelter than in the arms of Quack and when I was in the arms of Quack I probably was too foul smelling and acting for there to be much more closeness.

So my apologies for the lack of Rooing.

However, today is a new day. The copy is in (all 350 inches of it!) and the editor just sent me a note that said "excellent series." It will run at the end of the week, over the course of three days, and I will set up a link when that day arrives.

Until then, I've been keeping a list of bloggable bits and I will soon get on with it.

4 comments:

Jenny Pham said...

Oh My God! 350 inches! That will pleasure everyone! :)
Can't wait to see it. Love you

Anonymous said...

I'd love to read your piece, it sounds amazing! Doesn't it make you feel incredibly blessed?

P.S. Yes, I'm guilty of dropping by to see how you're doing too. :) I don't have MySpace - yet - but if you got Facebook you could do reciprocal 'snooping' as soon as I actually put things up... only seems fair :)

Flee said...

Thanks for stopping by kwillie! It does indeed make me feel blessed. And if the article encourages even one person to help the homeless out, then it was all worth it. I will post links once it goes to print this weekend.

Flee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.