Friday, May 05, 2006

Home sweet home

Well... I am moving, agian.
To my very first apartment... solo. A lovely one bedroom with exposed brick, mocha walls, a window in every room (including the walk-in pantry) a claw-foot tub and hardwood floors. And as long as the trees remain leaf-less (which isn't much longer) there is a lake view.
I am taking over the place from a dear friend of mine who is venturing north..... WAY north!
For those of you who have been to Duluth, or are living here, the place is one block up from the Rose Gardens .... I will practically be able to eaves-drop on those precious little weddings that take place at the iron-top gazebo!
I am VERY excited... but also a bit scared of flying solo. My other "peopley" friends assure me that they love living alone and are not too bored or lonely.
My roommate was counting how many roomies he's had since college.
I have had 22!!! Count them people! 22 in 5 years!
I guess it's time for a peace.... and that's not to say I haven't enjoyed the chaos!
So, in a few weeks, I'll have to have a bit of an open house... to invite all of my past roomies ( and current friends) to break the place in.
From the looks of it, it's bound to be a pretty big party.... I hope my new landlord is cool with some noise :-)

No comments: