Monday, January 29, 2007

I'm Still Standing

A little update from the previous post's saga:
The Landlady is out of town (gone to Europe for a whole actually) and with her, seemed to go the drama.
Basking, basking.... if only for a few short weeks.

***

In much healthier news;
Quack and I are into our third week of "Mission Mini-er Butts and Gutts"
Between the two of us, we are down about 16 lbs. Not gonna say who's lost what, or where, but the total poundage lost sounds a lot more dramatic, don't cha think?
With this mission has come the influx of fruits and veggies and the introduction of one of the greatest services of my adult life.
An organic delivery service which drops off a mixed-bag of whatever green goodness is hot that week!
This is great for a million reasons. To name a few:

Now that we're livin' in the city, we have to shop at the city grocer's. It sucks.
Evidently, the local chain out here thinks the people in the city deserve poor produce. For example, week one of "MMBNG" we stopped by the city store to get raspberries. They looked good enough, but it's a damn good thing I didn't dump those suckas on my Kashi b/c even though the berries you could see looked OK, every single interior berry was a hot moldy mess! The very nature of the raspberry made it even worse - little red pockets filled with black shmutz. Blech.
I must say this experience was the catalyst for the veggie box.

Another good reason for the box includes the consumption of F&V's I wouldn't usually pick out - and with that - the drive to find and try cool new recipes! We've munched on assorted veggie soup, acorn squash, yams, nectarines and anything else you can schmear peanut butter or hummus on.

Only one criticism of the service - they don't send a bonus roll of toilet paper with each order. They should consider this b/c we are blowin' through the stuff!
I remedy this by taking some time in the bathroom while I'm at work... I think it's funny that they are paying me to poodle.

2 comments:

Christa said...

"i think it's funny that they are paying me to poodle."

i love that. i always think of that when i go at work and sometimes specifically hold onto my innards until i get there. hee hee.

one time i literally broke down how much they were paying me to poodle -- while poodling -- and decided it was well worth it.

Anonymous said...

Spread the term 'poodle' to the far reaches Flee!!