Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Things that make you go BERWARRALPHBLAHGARPPWPHBLA!

I had a rock and roll good time with one of my girl friends in Duluth this last weekend. So good in fact, it's taken me the better part of the week to recover and get around to writing about it.
We went to the best little lizard lounge in town on Saturday night and let it all hang out. We've both been feeling the pressures of life lately and decided we were destine to take a cab home that night... so we earned it.
The wine flowed, the champagne bubbled, the martinis shook — and so did we.
By the time the cabbie dropped me off, and I made damn sure he knew I have a special affinity for the Caprice Classic and its bench seat (no I did not make out with the cabbie...) I was spinning. And not in circles gleefully, the room was actually the one doing the spinning.
I was still having fun at this point... the spinning just added to the dance moves I was doing as I walked up my front steps.
A funny thought crossed my mind: I think I might puke.
I ignored this thought... I don't puke from drinking.
I got up to my room, and as all good drunks do, stripped down to my "pajamas."
The thought crossed my mind a second time.
I smiled, actually put my pjs on, and walked to the restroom... just to be safe.
Sitting in front of the toilet, I had pretty much convinced myself that I was going to be just fine.
Then, out of the corner of my eye I saw it. I little black pube wiggling on the shiny white porcelain.
I crossed my eyes, my stomach heaved and before I could say Red Star I was bootin'.
BLUFLAGHRABUPWAHBLAH!
I'm not sure if it was the booze of the pube... but the sight of it flipped a switch inside of me. The purge switch.
Funny thing about drunk pukin': it's not painful, you can't smell it, you can't taste it and it's actually a visually exhilaratingg experience. In fact, it pretty much feels like breathing... or carbomonoxide poisoning. Either way, in the end you're passed out on the floor.
I have to say it was all totally worth it. One of the most memorable nights (what fuzzy, funky parts I can recall) in Duluth. Next to the naked snow angels and the night where we had our way with the absent roomie's camera!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hehe almost looks a swedish word... hrm eeeeh NOT.... ;-)